I started my journey on 2nd January 2013.
There are lots of reasons that I started my journey this year and at all. All of which I will share later in the post.
3 years ago, I managed to lose almost an amazing 3st. I was just a few pounds away! Life got in the way - I got a job that required me to be there during the times that I would've gone to the meetings and I didn't feel capable enough to do it online. I needed the support of the group. So I quit. That was one of the biggest mistakes I could have made. That's all in the past now though and I need to look forward and be focused on what I can achieve now.
I've started this blog as I'd seen some of the amazing other blogs that left me inspired to not only carry on down the path that I am on but to also, write my own blog about my own journey, from fat to thin!
So my reasons, in no particular order:
1. I turn 30 in 2 weeks and I don't want to grow old looking like this
2. I have type 2 diabetes. I know that if I can get my weight under control, I have a chance to lessen the effect on me. Possibly, even get rid of it for good!
3. I want to be able to fly in an aeroplane, in 1 seat with the belt around me comfortably without any chaffing, tightness or embarrassment.
4. I shop in 1 shop for my clothes and it's not as if you can mask the reason for going in there. It's a big girl shop and the world knows it! So I want to be able to shop anywhere on the high street and know that the clothes will fit straight off the rail. Also, it'd be a big save in money as big girl clothes are mucho expensivo compared to normal sized clothes
5. I want to be happy and confident in my own skin. Nothing more needs to be said on that. Anyone doing this for themselves will know what I mean.
6. Being big means that every photo of you has to be checked and criticized. I'm certainly not photogenic but it would be nice to not have to worry that I look the size of a beached whale - because I won't anymore! It would be great to look at photos of me and not be embarrassed by my size and lumps and bumps in all the wrong places.
7. I want to start a family. My weight has contributed to years of heartache in my failure to have children. All my friends have them, cousins the same age as me, have them.. I love children and I want my own. I have around 10 good years left so this is important and personal to me.
The plan that I am following is Slimming World. I am trying out the Extra Easy for the first time.
My start weight: 25st 10lbs (not my heaviest, I kept the 3 stone I lost off!)
My height : 5ft 8in
My Club 10 target (10% of your body weight): 22st 9lbs
I have set myself an interim target of: 20st 10lbs (5st off my start weight)
My PAT: 9st 7lbs
I have had 3 weigh-ins so far:
9/1/13 - 25st 6.5lbs - -3.5lbs
16/1/13 - 25st 1.5lbs - -5lbs - achieved half stone award! YAY ME!
23/1/13 - 25st 0.5lbs - -1lb
TOTAL LOSS TO DATE = 9.5lbs!! Very proud of myself!
I have set myself a 4 month goal - I want to lose 3st by 2nd May! The reason for the goal is to prove to myself that I am serious about this. I know that I am but my body needs convincing!
I have also set myself a goal for my birthday! I have 13 days (2 weigh-ins) to drop 4.5lbs. I would love to be a stone lighter on my 30th birthday. So my challenge for this week is to lose 2.5lbs. I am being good but not being all panicky about it. I have increased my body magic (exercise) and really started concentrating on what I'm putting in my mouth like is it a free food? or a superfree? or syn?
Well, I will update once or twice a week with what I have been doing and also once a week with my weekly weight. Fingers crossed for plenty of losses and hardly any gains!
A NEW YEAR, A NEW SLIM ME!